Finding a new job is a challenging process. It takes a significant amount of time to land the right role for you.
Fitting in your job search around a full-time role makes the process even more difficult. You likely have limited time and energy after work to devote to your search.
Fortunately, you can fit your job search around your work with some planning and organization. This helps you continue moving forward until you land the role you desire.
Follow these guidelines to find a new job while you work full-time.
Understand Your Reasons
Consider why now is the time to find a new job.
- Your reason provides the motivation to reach your goal.
- Maintain focus as you explore your options.
- Be inspired to take the next step.
Create Your Ideal Job Description
List the details of your ideal role.
- Clarify what you want and do not want based on your current and previous positions.
- Include the projects you enjoyed working on.
- Detail what you like to do daily.
- Consider the type of company, culture, and work environment you prefer.
- Determine whether you want to work remotely, onsite, or hybrid.
- Figure out your ultimate destination.
- Look for job postings that fit your job description.
Update your LinkedIn profile so employers understand your qualifications.
- Include a comprehensive list of your relevant skills and objectives.
- Highlight your recent experience and quantifiable accomplishments.
- Join professional groups relevant to your field.
- Write articles relevant to your industry.
- Comment on other professionals’ posts.
- Ask former managers, colleagues, and coworkers for recommendations.
- Set up job alerts.
- Research salaries for your industry.
Adhere to a Schedule
Maintain discipline and organization throughout your job search.
- Determine which days and times work best.
- Add your job search activities to your calendar.
- Minimize interruptions during your scheduled time.
- Maintain momentum in your job search.
Talk with professionals in the industries or companies you want to work for.
- Reach out to at least three professionals per week.
- Connect with these professionals through LinkedIn.
- Set up informational interviews to learn more about the company and the role.
- Ask each professional for two new contacts to talk with.
- Increase your network and job opportunities.
Partner with a Staffing Agency
A recruiter from a staffing agency that specializes in your industry can match you with the right employer and position in a short amount of time.
- Gain access to unadvertised openings.
- Connect with companies you otherwise might not.
- Benefit from resume and interview coaching.
- Face less competition when interviewing.
- Have a recruiter negotiate a job offer on your behalf.
HireCall has the jobs and companies that fit your goals and interests. Visit our job board today!