Staff augmentation temporarily uses outside workers to support an organization’s capacity. These temporary workers might fill in due to planned or unplanned employee absences or the need for additional support during busy seasons. Other reasons include vacant roles that are being filled or the need for specialized skills to complete projects.
The 2022 Global Talent Shortage report by Manpower Group showed that employers could not find the employees they needed with the right blend of technical and interpersonal skills to fill their open roles. These roles included IT and data, operations and logistics, manufacturing and production, customer-facing, and front office. The soft skills included adaptability, resilience, reliability, self-discipline, creativity, originality, analysis, critical thinking, reasoning, and problem-solving.
The difficulty of hiring qualified employees is one reason why staff augmentation is soaring in popularity. Employers are using the benefits of staff augmentation to help their businesses stay competitive.
Learn why staff augmentation is soaring in popularity and how it can benefit your company.
Advantages of Using Staff Augmentation
Staff augmentation provides a range of benefits for organizations:
- Employers can scale their workforce according to need.
- Increased agility lets employers respond to changing business needs.
- Employers gain access to niche skills without having to hire employees.
- Experienced workers can quickly add value to a project or team.
- Adding augmented staff to a team reduces future layoffs.
- Bringing aboard augmented staff saves time and money on hiring, onboarding, and training.
- Employers pay for only the services used.
- Employers are not responsible for augmented staff members’ employment and payroll taxes, unemployment insurance claims, or related issues.
- Employers can extend full-time job offers to augmented staff members who fit their hiring needs.
Considerations for Using Staff Augmentation
You should consider different elements of the work you need to be done when using staff augmentation:
- Project length: Staff augmentation is typically effective for short-term projects up to a few months.
- Confidentiality: You might want augmented staff to sign confidentiality agreements like employees who work with intellectual property.
- Ramp-up time: Staff augmentation typically is beneficial for projects that do not require high levels of complexity that would increase the time to productivity.
Are You Ready to Begin Using Staff Augmentation?
Reach out to HireCall to start taking advantage of staff augmentation. Contact us to find out more today.