Job hunting in 2024 can be challenging. Many available roles likely fit your skills, experience, and interests.
Defining your key goals for career success provides a structure for your job hunt. You can use the following suggestions to determine which goals are most relevant to your search.
Use these examples to define your key goals for career success when job hunting in 2024.
Increase Your Skill Set
Determine which hard and soft skills are relevant for the job you desire. Then, find ways to develop these skills, such as through webinars or online classes.
Demonstrating relevant skills in your resume and during interviews shows employers you can carry out the job duties and reach expectations. These factors increase the odds of advancement in the hiring process.
Consider whether industry-related certification is required for the job you want. If so, research your options and choose the certification process that best fits your needs.
Earning certification increases your competitive edge while job hunting. You could land a role and secure higher compensation than candidates with similar qualifications who lack certification.
Develop Your Expertise
Continuously develop your reputation as an industry leader. Consider methods such as:
- Regularly creating, sharing, and commenting on industry-related content on LinkedIn.
- Actively participating in online industry-related groups.
- Asking and answering questions on industry-related issues.
- Actively participating in a professional association.
- Working with a mentor.
Demonstrating your expertise encourages employers and recruiters to connect with you. Forming relationships with these professionals creates additional job hunt opportunities for career growth.
Expand Your Network
Participate in industry events to interact with other professionals in your field. Examples include seminars, conferences, and networking events.
Get to know other professionals during the events. Also, exchange contact information so you can follow up later.
These connections might help with your job hunt. For instance, you could conduct an informational interview with a connection at a company you want to work for. Or, you might have a hiring manager reach out about a job opening that fits your skills and experience.
Work with a Staffing Agency
Partner with a local staffing agency that specializes in your industry:
- An agency recruiter matches you with jobs that fit your goals, skills, experience, and interests.
- The recruiter coaches and supports you throughout your job hunt.
- You gain constructive feedback for improved performance during interviews.
- The recruiter negotiates any job offers on your behalf.
- You can partner with the recruiter for future job hunts to increase your career success.
Are You Ready for Help with Your Job Hunt?
Include HireCall in your job hunt for greater career success. Visit our job board to find a role you desire today.