If you are looking for an exciting, fast-paced career, consider exploring the path to a fulfilling future in health care. There are a variety of jobs available to fit your goals, skills, and interests.
Understanding the benefits of building a career in health care and the types of roles available helps determine which path might be right for you. Partnering with a staffing agency specializing in the healthcare industry can provide guidance and support as you develop your professional path.
Learn more about exploring the path to a fulfilling future in health care.
Benefits of Building a Career in Health Care
Building a healing career in healthcare provides many benefits:
- The S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) anticipates the healthcare and social assistance sector will create approximately 2.1 million jobs from 2022 to 2032.
- The high worker demand due to the aging population and chronic conditions provides job security.
- Making a difference in others’ lives helps elevate motivation and job satisfaction.
- Many careers in health care offer above-average salaries.
- Most healthcare professionals work in a fast-paced, continually changing atmosphere.
- The level of education required depends on the role.
- Many schedules offer the option to work overnights, short workweeks, or remotely.
- You can try different opportunities before deciding on a specialty.
Healthcare Administration Careers
A healthcare administrator role combines business management with medicine and health policy. Professionals in these roles are responsible for facility administration, personnel management, and policymaking.
Healthcare administrators might work over 40 hours per week, including nights and weekends. These roles include:
- Medical office assistant
- Administrative clerk
- Admissions coordinator
- Practice manager
- Clinic administrator
- Nursing home administrator
Medical Laboratory Careers
A medical laboratory role typically includes a calm, quiet work environment. Professionals in these roles work behind the scenes. Their schedules often include working nights, weekends, or overnight.
Medical laboratory roles include:
- Laboratory technician
- Anesthesia technician
- Medical technologist
- Laboratory manager
Patient Care Careers
A patient care role involves providing care for and working directly with patients. Professionals in these roles often work nights, weekends, and holidays.
Patient care roles include:
- Nursing assistant
- Licensed practical nurse
- Registered nurse
- Dental hygienist
- Nurse practitioner
Physician and Surgeon Careers
Physicians and surgeons diagnose and treat injuries and illnesses, guide patients’ diets, and recommend preventative care. Depending on their specialty, professionals in these roles might work long, irregular, or overnight hours or be on call for emergency visits.
Physician and surgeon roles include:
- Physician assistant
- General practitioner
- Obstetrics and gynecology physician
- Cardiology physician
- Plastic surgeon
Are You Ready to Begin Your Career in Health Care?
Partner with HireCall to create and build your career in health care. Visit our job board to get started today.